Gross Salary: Competitive,
• Support and provide HR guidance to other departments
• Maintain and continuously improve the company’s Personnel Regulations and HR policies, processes, and procedures and fully support the company’s goal to obtain and maintain ISO 9001 certification.
• Support management in ensuring that all Company policies, including those concerning HR, Travel, and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) are fully followed. This includes conducting Training/sensitization sessions and periodic communication with all employees.
• Good negotiation skills of CBA with trade unions.
• Administer the company’s obligations in statutory programs such as medical insurance, pension, NHIF, NSSF NITA, and Higher education loans including filing monthly returns to these entities.
• Oversee the performance management cycle and ensure the deadlines as per the calendar is met.
• Oversee the hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, sitting in Second interviews, and Overseeing that reference checks have been conducted.
• Oversee the new employee induction process for each new hire, and ensure that all required documentation is received and added to the new employee’s file.
• Oversee the off-boarding process of employees who leave the organization and ensure compliance.
• Ensure that monthly pay slips and annual tax forms have been generated and distributed on time.
• Oversee the management of the leave management system by ensuring that proper leave planning has been done in all departments.
• Oversee annual HR budget and quarterly forecasts have been done and on time.
• Through the line managers, ensure that departmental training needs analysis has been done annually and trains have been scheduled in the training calendar.
• Oversee the organizations’ training calendar and follow up with departments to have them conduct their training.
• Coordinate training requests and organize approved training & education programs for staff.
• Ensure that all training agreements are signed on
• Ensure that training evaluations have been done after each training.
• Manage the HR and Admin team, including recruiting, new staff assimilation & training, performance reviews, & training planning, and assignment management.
• Conduct Performance Development Interviews (PDIs) with team members at least semi-annually, to set objectives, review results, provide feedback, and plan for staff development.
• Schedule team members’ workload to fully cover weekly & monthly service & maintenance needs within the team’s scope & jurisdiction and to fully allocate all resources.
• Review and approve key deliverables that are generated by team members.
• Manage team member absences in the HRM Tool and ensure that vacation balances are planned to be fully used and that their timing does not obstruct our business activities.
• Develop and maintain a positive, cooperative, and productive working relationship between the team and other internal and external teams.
• Oversee the filing of HR employee files and ensure compliance and Lead HR improvement projects.
• Provide any other kind of HR support to management/ employees.
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Degree in Human Resources Management or a relevant course.
• Excellent knowledge of Kenyan labor laws
• Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS
• 7 to 10 years of experience in HR management.
• Must have experience with CBA
• Must be a Member of IHRM
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to confidently engage and influence at senior levels
• Experience in handling blue collar labour intensive environments
• Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
• Must have Integrity and be approachable
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, send your CV and a Cover letter stating relevant experience only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR Manager - Manufacturing) by Friday 29th August 2022.